Since its so important to eat right while pregnant (despite all the strange cravings) I've been making an effort to have a really healthy lunch every day. In the mornings I generally drink a smoothie with fruits, yogurt, and about 2 cups of spinach or other greens blended into the mix. In the evenings I always make a veggie packed dinner complimented by some good quality protein. Lunch is particularly tough for me though. Since I work from home during the days I frequently lose track of time and skip lunch entirely or am so busy with a project that I end up just snacking on whatever is easily available from the fridge. I found that planning my lunches at the beginning of the week is helpful.
For a quick afternoon pick me up full of pregnancy supporting nutrients, try these Tuna Salad bites! Canned tuna is a great way to get brain building nutrients from fish and this recipe only takes a few minuets to throw together.
- 1/2 Can Tuna Fish in Water
- 2 Tbsp Plain Non-Fat Yogurt
- 1/4 Cucumber (sliced)
- 1 or 2 Slices Low Fat Swiss Cheese (Jarlsberg Light is good)
- Wheat Crackers
- In a medium bowl combine tuna fish and yogurt until well mixed. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top crackers with cheese, tuna mix, and a slice of cucumber.
- Serve chilled.
Pair this light lunch with a glass of milk and don't forget to take your prenatal vitamins!